Friday 16 November 2012

Making Dresses for Charity at the Sewing Café


This morning Maria hung up a selection of the dresses that were made at Cordial and Grace yesterday.  Here is the jolly little pink and green number I made on the Jones CS.



Next to it is a lovely dress with hand printed butterflies.



Some were decorated with appliqué flowers or butterflies.

It was a fantastic event for such a worthwhile cause.  Louise of Sew Scrumptious was there, looking delighted at all the dresses being produced.  She is the co-ordinator in this country for Dress a Girl Around the World.  It's great to know that somewhere in the world little girls will be thrilled when they receive these dresses.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging about the dress making day. Your dress was absolutely gorgeous as was the machine you used to make it! Lovely to meet you and your little helper. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be fun! I'd love to have a little quilt shop where I could sit and quilt! I have a booth in a craft/ gift shop. I wonder if they'd let me sit and quilt on the days when it's my turn to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great café, Martha. Last time I went there I borrowed a needle and thread and sewed on a button on my jacket.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...