Thursday 25 July 2013

Doll Quilt from Diane in Minnesota


This smashing little quilt arrived the other day from my July partner on the Doll Quilters' Monthly swap.  The theme was stars and stripes, but Diane knew that somehow I wasn't going to get hugely inspired by the theme.  Something to do with being English.  To me July 4th is just the day before my birthday.

Diane hit it just right with all these lovely little stars dancing around on a background the colour of the night sky.



Each star is different...  little florals...



... tiny cherries ...



... a few bold colours in among the pastels...



... and a red gingham print.



And so she didn't depart from the theme altogether, she also sent this little mug rug with stripes!

Thank you Diane!  I really must get a move on with the quilt for you...

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...