Tuesday 21 January 2014

A Scrappy Cot Quilt


Yesterday I started making a top for a cot quilt.   Here are the strips laid out, not in the final arrangement, but some sections are already joined together.

I had a jar full of left over ends of strips that I had used for binding, and lots of odd shaped remains of fat quarters.  Joining up all the tiny strips to make larger scrappy strips takes far longer than I would like it to - this isn't quite the ultra quick project I thought it might be - but I am enjoying it nevertheless.

Repeated cutting of strips means I have ended up with a miniscule rectangle of the bright red.



When I made the sewing machine cover I was incredibly lucky to have enough of the border to use as binding, and ended up with only about an inch and a half left over.  The left over scrap is now in this quilt top - it is next to the green flowers at the top right.

Welcome to Ulla, the latest follower - thank you for joining!

Linking up today with Connie's blog Freemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday - lots more projects to see there!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Muv
    I recognise some of those fabrics from your projects. It may not be as quick as you thought but how satisfying to squeeze another quilt out of this scraps? It gives your cranking arm a good work out too.
    Hugs
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gavin
      Award yourself a Spotter's Badge! Well spotted with the Cheddar, too - well, as if you could have got that wrong .
      Yes, this little quilt is turning out to be quite good fun, even if it is also driving me slightly nuts.
      Love,
      Muv

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the two star spotters badge. I went with my gut instinct on the Cheddar but then started to doubt myself - glad I stuck with it. Which machine are you using? Are you a total 15K convert these days?
      Hugs
      G

      Delete
    3. 15K hand machine it is for the piecing, but I have been thinking of dragging another machine out just for a change. Not a total convert, but I am rather partial to the 15Ks. Nice stitch, nice noise, you know how it is.

      Delete
  2. What a neat scrap quilt!! I use my 15-91s for all my piecing and quilting. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt! It may be time consuming, but fun to use up all those little pieces!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...