Tuesday 13 May 2014

Paper Flower


Last week I started on a rather unusual project... making an outfit using old books for the Out of Print Fashion Show.  There is some sewing involved, but mainly my time has been taken up with thinking.   Using paper is a whole new adventure for me, and I needed to find out how to make a paper flower.  After watching a few videos of origami, I decided that my paper folding skills aren't worth developing, so I eventually came up with this cheerful flower - originally intended to be a rose, but probably more like a camellia.  The photograph in the centre of carrots on a market stall in Helsinki gives it a character all its own.

This afternoon I am going to be tackling glue, stuff I generally avoid at all costs.  Wish me luck!

Linking up today with Connie's blog Freemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...